Monday, August 2, 2010

The Sea Of Life

harder & harder

Violence rages in my heart;
My body is like a cage in which a restless tiger prowls.
In my anguish I have broken the devine spoon
The spoon with which I used to consume God's grace.
I feel as if I am a frog in the mouth of a snake:
I am gripped by terror,
But cannot escape.
Lord...look upon me with love and save me.

I am tossed about on the surging sea of life.
My heart is no more than a flimsy raft,
And my mind is merely a pole;
The raft gives no protection against the rock of desire,
And the pole cannot steer me through the currents of comfusion.
Lord....replace my folly with your wisdom, and save me...

I am not. Awild beast,
And yet I behave like one.
Will I never know your peace, O God?
Must I beg in vain?
For what purpose was I born into this world...

by: I Wayan Sudarma

No comments: