Tuesday, April 12, 2011

THE GREATEST GIFT

Salam Kasih
Dear brothers & siters

A man came to God’s house. God said to him: ‘Ask for a gift.’ The man replied: ‘ I ask fot that gift which you think is most beneficial for a human being.

’ God replied: ‘ I cannot impose a gift on a being who is inferior to me. You must choose a gift for yourself.

’ The man said: ‘Then I shall not have a gift.’But God did not leave the path of truth, because he is truth.

He thus said to the man: ‘Look upon me, and know me. To know me is the greatest gift that a human being can have. When people know me, nothing-not even their own sins-can truly harm them.

’God continued: ‘ I am the breath of life, and the consciouness of life. Worship me as life and immortality. When you speak, let life speak; when you see, let life see; when you hear, let life hear; when you think, let life think; when you breathe, let life breathe.’

Inspirated from: Kaushitaki Upanisad 3: 1; 2
Also posted in Facebook by Goes De on Monday, March 28, 2011 at 1:46pm

No comments: